|Inspection date:||January 08, 2014|
|Number of critical violations:||0|
|Number of non-critical violations:||2|
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.
|Code||Description / Observation / Corrective Action|
|116|| Improper Construction / Maintenance of Establishment|
Observation: Premises is clean and well maintained but some cleaning is required in the following locations:
Corrective Action: Clean the condenser fan covers in the walk in cooler in the dessert/salad station. Clean the floor underneath the metal shelving unit in front of the walk in coolers in the dry storage / stores area. Some of the herbs in the herb storage unit in the banquet servery area were moldy. Ensure that any moldy herbs are discarded and that there is a proper cleaning and sanitizing protocol for this unit as well as a quality control check done regularly for the herbs growing in this unit.
|704|| Written procedures to ensure critical limits are met (Sec 23 (3)(c))|
Observation: Temperature logs are not complete and up to date for a variety of coolers and freezers in the premises.
Corrective Action: Ensure that temperature logs are recorded for each cooling unit and hot holding unit at least once daily.
Premises is otherwise very well maintained.
Food handling practices are satisfactory.
· Handwashing facilities are satisfactory.
· Refrigeration temperatures are satisfactory (< 4 degrees C / 40 degrees F)
· Thermometers provided in every cooling unit containing perishable food.
· Freezer temperatures are satisfactory (< -18 degrees C / 0 degrees F).
· Hot holding temperatures are satisfactory (> 60 degrees C / 140 degrees F)
· The mechanical dishwashing and pot washing procedure is satisfactory (final rinse water temperature is > 71 degrees C / 160 degrees F for 10 seconds, measured at the dish)
· Mechanical glass washing procedure is satisfactory
· Equipment, utensils and food contact surfaces used on the premises are washed and sanitized in a manner that removes contamination.
· All food storage practices are satisfactory.
· All food observed is received from approved sources.
· No cross connections observed.
· Backflow devices are present.
· No expired/ old food was observed.
· No evidence of pests observed at time of inspection.
· Integrated Pest Management is in place, including – pest proofing of doors, windows, and openings, and the use of proper sealable containers to store food.
· At least one staff on site has Foodsafe training at time of inspection.
· A Food Safety Plan has been completed.
· The washrooms are clean and well-supplied.
· Food contact surfaces are smooth, washable, non absorbent & free of defects.
· Non food contact surfaces (floors, walls ceilings) are in good repair.
· Chemicals are labeled and stored safely.
· The garbage disposal area is well-kept.
· There is adequate lighting and covers for the lights.
· There is adequate ventilation; professional cleaning.