|304 - Premises not free of pests [s. 26(a)]|
Observation: Rodent droppings were observed underneath the floor behind the paint containers, the floor near the dishwasher, grease interceptor, and on a lower shelf of a cabinet.
Corrective Action(s): Food contact surfaces were placed through the dishwasher and preparation tables were re-sanitized with 100 ppm chlorine sanitizer upon verbal direction by the E.H.O.
The following is to be done:
1. Ensure plates, bowls, and utensils are kept in covered in food grade materials before closing the restaurant. Ensure all food equipment is stored at least 12 inches off the floor. Correct today.
2. Keep food covered in pest proof containers with tight fitted lids in storage areas. Provide a lid for the sugar container in the dry storage area (note: Aluminum foil was being used to cover it). Correct today.
3. Implement a pest control program today. Provide a written record of the pest control invoice/report by Monday (January 9, 2016).
4. Sanitize food preparation surfaces with 100 ppm chlorine sanitizer each morning prior to food preparation.
5. Clean the affected areas with 100 ppm chlorine sanitizer (bleach water) to remove the droppings today. Monitor for signs of pest activity each day and clean all affected areas on a daily basis.
6. Declutter the restaurant. Remove the extra cans of paint, empty bottles, and empty cans etc. to prevent harbourage areas of pests.
Violation Score: 9
308 - Equipment/utensils/food contact surfaces are not in good working order [s. 16(b)]
Observation: The faucet at the handsink near the front servery area was leaking.
Corrective Action(s): Repair the leak at the faucet; Correct within 2 weeks (by January 19, 2016).
Violation Score: 3