A routine inspection was conducted, the following observations were made:
- Coolers 4C or colder; freezers -18C or colder; hot holding unit 60C; thermometers present.
- Hand sinks stocked with liquid soap, paper towels, and running hot and cold water. Fix all paper towels dispenser.
- Low temperature dishwasher had [Cl2] of 100ppm during the rinse cycle.
- Quats sanitizer in spray bottles and cloth buckets was 200ppm. Remind ALL staff that the sanitizer level in the cloth buckets must fully cover the cloths.
- Foods stored in food grade containers, covered, labeled, date coded, in groups with proteins separate and below RTE foods, and 6" off the floor on shelves or platforms.
- No expired foods in use. FIFO rules being followed.
- Liquid eggs used for omelettes, and packaged Hollandaise sauce used.
- FoodSafe certified staff present. BE ADVISED, all certificates obtained PRIOR or July 2013 will be expiring in July 2018. Go to www.foodsafe.ca to register for the refresher course and obtain a valid certificate.
- General sanitation level is good. A bit of food build up on the floor between the back wheels and wall of the flat grill equipment. Ensure staff are moving these items away from the wall on a daily basis to remove the food.
- No signs of pests.
- A verification check for the Informed Dining program was completed. A copy of the report was provided to staff.