An unscheduled routine was conducted to assess compliance with the Community Care and Assisted Living Act (CCALA), the Child Care Licensing Regulations (CCLR) and the relevant Director of Licensing Standards of Practice (DLSP). Evidence for this report was based on the licensing officer’s observations, review of the facility records, and information provided by the facility staff at the time of inspection.
The following areas were reviewed:
· Licensing · Hygiene and Communicable Disease Control
· Physical Facility · Medication
· Staffing · Nutrition and Food Services
· Policies and Procedures · Program
· Care and Supervision · Records and Reporting
As part of this Routine Inspection a Facility Risk Assessment Tool is completed and a copy is provided. The Risk Assessment includes non-compliance identified during the routine inspection, and a 3 year ‘historical’ review of the facility’s compliance and operation.
Visit the CCFL website at http://www.fraserhealth.ca/health-info/health-topics/child-care/ for:
· Additional resources, and
· Links to the Legislation (CCALA and CCLR)