|209 - Food not protected from contamination [s. 12(a)]|
Observation (CORRECTED DURING INSPECTION): Repeat violations observed:
1. Ice wands are placed sideways inside chest freezer without any covering to protect it from contamination.
2. Multiple items placed on the floor: containers of vegetables, large wok, skillets filled with dried butter chicken.
3. One metal bowl, clearly soiled with dried debris, placed inside coconut container.
Corrective Action(s): 1. Ice wands were immediately removed from the chest freezer, emptied, then cleaned and sanitized at time of inspection. DO NOT store ice wands sideways past the fill line. You must also cover the ice wand to protect it from contamination. This has been discussed before. Further violations may result in additional enforcement options, including orders or tickets.
2. All aforementioned items elevated off the floor. Do not place any items directly on the floor, as it is an unsanitary practice.
3. Metal bowl was removed at time of inspection for cleaning and sanitizing. Do not place bowls directly inside the containers, because food handlers cannot take food items without direclty touching and contaminating the food.
Violation Score: 9
501 - Operator does not have FOODSAFE Level 1 or Equivalent [s. 10(1)]
Observation: Operator's FoodSafe 1 certificate has expired (taken back in 2009).
Corrective Action(s): Renew FoodSafe 1 by going to www.foodsafe.ca and taking either a classroom course, correspondence, or online course. Send invoice indicating that you have registered for the course by Oct 24, 2018.
Date to complete course by: Nov 17, 2018
Violation Score: 1