A routine inspection was completed, the following observations were made:
- Coolers were 4C or colder; freezer was -23C; and thermometers present.
- Hand sink stocked with liquid soap, paper towels, and running hot and cold water. Ensure a liquid soap dispenser and paper towels are placed at the 3-comp sink in the kitchen, so staff can properly wash their hands PRIOR to putting on gloves.
- High temperature dishwasher had a final rinse temperature of 75.9C at the plate's surface, as per max/min thermometer.
- The "Simple Green D, Pro 3D" sanitizer had Quats strength of 200ppm. Good. Recommend purchasing test strips from your chemical supplier, so staff can check if they are mixing the sanitizer up correctly. If the strength is too low, it won't kill germs. If the strength is too high, it could poison patrons.
- The "Safe Guard Sanitizer" for washrooms only (as per manufacturer's label) had a Quats strength of 200ppm. Good. Recommend purchasing tests strips from your chemical supplier.
- FoodSafe certified staff present. There must be one staff member working, at all times, that possesses a valid FoodSafe Level 1 certificate.
- All foods stored in food grade containers; covered; foods stored 6" off the floor on shelves or racks; and foods stored in groups.
- No expired foods in use or for sale. FIFO rules being followed.
- General sanitation level is satisfactory, but improvement needed in the mentioned areas.
- Surfaces are in good working order.
**A follow-up inspection will be completed on May 4/22, to ensure all violations have been corrected**